Looking for a great HRT cake recipe? Try this!
- 4 ozs (100g) soya flour
- 2 pieces stem ginger, chopped
- 4 ozs (100g) wholewheat flour
- 8 ozs (200g) raisins
- 4 ozs (100g) porridge oats
- Approx 1/2 to 3/4 litre of soya milk
- 4 ozs (100g) linseeds
- 2 ozs (50g) sunflower seeds
- 2 ozs (50g) pumpkin seeds
- 2 ozs (50g) sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon malt extract
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Put dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
Add soya milk and malt extract.
Mix well and leave to soak for half an hour.
If mixture too stiff add more soya milk.
Spoon into a loaf tin lined with oiled greaseproof paper.
Bake in oven gas 190ºC / 375ºF for about 75 mins
Turn out and leave to cool.
For optimum relief from menopausal symptoms, one slice of HRT cake eaten daily.