The brain needs to produce alpha waves to enable relaxation and the ability to self heal.
This is a fairly straightforward daily procedure which can reap huge dividends!
- Sit comfortably relaxed in a slightly inclined position.
- Rest hands over your abdomen
- Close your eyes.
- Deep breathe (from the diaphragm (underneath your hands)) take 7 seconds breathing in through the nose, hold your breath for 5 secs, breathe out through your mouth over 11 secs.
- Listen to music at the same time (not radio music but something that you enjoy listening to)
- Maintain this for 5 minutes everyday and you will be resting and revitalising your whole body!
Do not let yourself fall asleep during this procedure though as that will be making Delta waves which is not desirable for this exercise.